“80% of businesses that suffer a major data loss or failure for more than 24 hours close within a year.” Source: Gartner
Whether through hardware failure, human error, fire, theft or accidental damage, data loss can have catastrophic effect. Imagine the impact on your business if you were to lose all your company accounts, sales records, correspondence, customer records and emails.
Antar Vault is a remote disk based, tape replacement backup and restore facility for critical systems and data. Packages are available to backup desktops, laptops and servers. Each package provides a fully automated and secure, off-site data backup and recovery solution. This service, fully managed through our management portal provides a solution for the quick backup and restoration of full systems, individual files, Microsoft SQL Databases or Microsoft Exchange Data.
There is no longer any need for you to spend hours managing and manipulating your backup process when we do it for you. Once installed and configured the system will automatically ensure you have a full backup of all your critical data off-site giving you complete peace of mind when it comes to data backup & recovery. You no longer need to worry about backups being done when staff are off sick or on holidays. No concerns that tapes have been left on-site (or even worse on the bus on the way home).
A few facts about data loss that may scare you
- The average failure rate of disk and tape drives is 100% – ALL DRIVES WILL EVENTUALLY FAIL.
- Only 34% of companies test their tape backups and, of those who do, 77% have found failures.
- 60% of companies that lose their data will go out of business within 6 months of the disaster.
- Over 50% of critical corporate data resides on unprotected PC desktops and laptops.
- Key causes for data loss are:
- 78% Hardware or system malfunction
- 11% Human error
- 7% Software corruption or program malfunction
- 2% Computer viruses
- 1% Natural disasters
- 1% Other
- Only 25% of users frequently back up their files, yet 85% of those same users say they are very concerned about losing important digital data.
- More than 22% said backing up their PCs was on their to-do list, but they seldom do it.
- 30% of companies report that they still do not have a disaster recovery program in place, and 2 out of 3 feel their data backup and disaster recovery plans have significant vulnerabilities.
- 1 in 25 notebooks are stolen, broken or destroyed each year.
- Today’s hard drives store 500 times the data stored on the drives of a decade ago. This increased capacity amplifies the impact of data loss, making mechanical precision more critical.
- You have a 30% chance of having a corrupted file within a one-year time frame.
- Tape drives do NOT offer complete protection for your data if a natural disaster, fire, or terrorist attack destroys your office and everything in it.
- 93% of companies that lost their data for 10 days or more filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster, and 50% filed for bankruptcy immediately. (Source: National Archives & Records Administration in Washington.)
- 20% of small to medium businesses will suffer a major disaster causing loss of critical data every 5 years (Source: Richmond House Group)
- This year, 40% of small to medium businesses that manage their own network and use the Internet for more than e-mail will have their network accessed by a hacker, and more than 50% won’t even know they were attacked (Source: Gartner Group)
- About 70% of business people have experienced (or will experience) data loss due to accidental deletion, disk or system failure, viruses, fire or some other disaster (Source: Carbonite, an online backup service)
- The first reaction of employees who lose their data is to try to recover the lost data themselves by using recovery software or either restarting or unplugging their computer — steps that can make later data recovery impossible. (Source: 2005 global survey by Ontrack Data)
80% of businesses suffering a major disaster go out of business in three years, while 40% of businesses that experience a critical IT failure go out of business within one year. In the case of suffering a fire, 44% of enterprises fail to reopen and 33% of these failed to survive beyond 3 years.
Would you like to know more? Then fill in your details below and we’ll get back to you:-
[highlight1 variation=”orange”]Please contact me about protecting my data with Antar Vault[/highlight1]
* Required fields
[contactform email=”email@example.com” subject=”Web Site Enquiry – Antar Vault” success=”Thank you for requesting we contact you about Antar Vault. A member of the team will be in touch shortly.” captcha=”true”]
[name label=”Name:” required=”true”]
[email label=”E-Mail:” required=”true”]
[textfield label=”Telephone:” required=”true”]